Gluten-Free Chocolate Chex™ Caramel Crunch
Brown sugar and butter turn into caramelly goodness that surrounds Chocolate Chex™ cereal for a scrumptious crunchy snack.
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Serving Size: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and water uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth (bowl will be hot). Place in resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle over snack mix. Refrigerate until set. Store in tightly covered container.
- Method Note: Instead of using waxed paper, you can spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with nonstick foil.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.