Gluten-Free Candy Cane Crunch Chex™ Party Mix
This simple, 3-ingredient snack mix recipe plays on seasonal peppermint flavors and is sure to be a favorite sweet at your holiday parties.
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 bag (11 oz) white vanilla baking chips (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed gluten-free peppermint candy canes or coarsely crushed unwrapped peppermint candies
- 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 105mg; Potassium 75mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, add cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, stirring after a minute, until chips are melted and smooth. Stir in half of the crushed peppermint candy.
- Pour over cereal, mixing to coat. Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet, separating any larger clumps. Immediately sprinkle with remaining candy. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Gently break up coated cereal.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Place unwrapped candy canes or peppermint candies in large resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal, and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.