Cheesy Ranch Chex™ Mix
This simple snack adds a tangy ranch twist to Original Chex™ Party Mix. Pour a buttery ranch mixture over a combination of cheese crackers, pretzels and Corn Chex™, Rice Chex™ and Wheat Chex™ cereal for a savory snacktime win.
- 9 cups Corn Chex™, Rice Chex™ or Wheat Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Serving Size: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and crackers. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Variation: Go ahead and add some peanuts or mixed nuts to the mix—about 1 cup would be just enough!