Christmas Snacks for Kids
Finding holiday snacks that kids enjoy is easy with Chex™. Not only will they enjoy the taste, but they’ll love getting involved in making them, too! Share some special Christmas snacks with your little elves and enjoy the most magical time of the year together.
How to Make Christmas Snacks Together
Making delicious Christmas snacks is a great way to entertain the kids during the holidays. Try out our fun and festive Chex™ Mix recipes and spend some time in the kitchen together. The tasty treats you make are great for enjoying on your own later or you could package them up nicely and gift them to friends and family. Help your shorter cooks reach the kitchen counter with a step or stool, and don’t forget to wear old clothes or tie on an apron before starting! Make the moment even more enchanting by playing your favorite Christmas soundtrack as you bake.Start Gifting
Chex™ Merry Green Mix
This bright and festive mixture is a winner with kids. Let them snack on something special this year by whipping up our Merry Green Mix. With Chex™ cereal, sprinkles, candy hearts, Bugles™ and chocolate candies, it’s a great combination of flavors and textures – and so easy to make.Download Printable PDF
- 5 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 package (11 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 36 Bugles™ original corn snacks
- 3 tablespoons red decorating sugar
- 2 tablespoons green decorating sugar
- 2 tablespoons green nonpareils
- 2 tablespoons green jimmies
- 1 1/2 cups green candy-coated chocolate candies or candy-coated chocolate peanut candies
- 3 tablespoons red heart candy sprinkles, if desired
- Line 2 large rimmed cookie sheets with waxed paper. Add cereal to large bowl.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1 cup of the chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. One at a time, dip pointed end of each corn snack into melted chips to coat top two-thirds of each, allowing excess to drip off. (If necessary, reheat mixture 5 seconds at a time as needed for dipping consistency.) Sprinkle coated snacks with red sugar. Place snacks on one of the cookie sheets in single layer; let stand about 20 minutes or until set.
- Add remaining chips to bowl with remaining melted chips; microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add green sugar; stir well. Pour on top of cereal in bowl; stir well to coat evenly. Transfer to remaining cookie sheet, spreading mixture apart. Immediately sprinkle with green nonpareils and jimmies; let stand about 20 minutes or until set. Carefully break apart into bite-size pieces.
- In large serving bowl, mix coated cereal, corn snacks, chocolate candies and heart sprinkles.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal will work in this mix. Heart candy sprinkles are sold in the baking aisle or a specialty crafts store.
Fun Christmas Activities for Kids
There are lots of fun activities to enjoy with kids during the holidays, from making cotton ball snowmen to painting pasta garlands. Make paper crowns to wear at the table or buy some fabric paints and decorate your own festive sweatshirts. You can even pick out a small plastic toy, an empty jam jar and a little glitter to craft your own snow globes. Making a treat for Santa and the reindeer (check out our Reindeer Feed Mix below) is a foolproof family activity in the days leading up to Christmas. As an added bonus, you get to enjoy the snacks once the little ones have gone to bed!
Easy Holiday Snacks for Kids
When it comes to Christmas snacks for kids, making them together as a family is half the fun. Here are a few of our favorite simple, yet scrumptious Chex™ recipes, perfect for the whole family to love and enjoy.
Reindeer Feed Chex™ Party MixMaking our Reindeer Feed Chex™ Party Mix is the perfect Christmas Eve activity for the kids. Whip up a big batch and set some aside for Santa and his hardworking reindeer. Then, you can enjoy sharing the rest together.Get Recipe
Oreo™ Cookie Truffle Chex™ Party MixWhat could be better than a wonderful mix of Chex™ and Oreo™ cookies? The addition of some festive candy and a crushed cookie vanilla mix, of course! Kids will love this totally indulgent snack – and the adults will definitely want to give it a try, too.Get Recipe
Gluten Free Candy Cane Crunch Chex™ Party MixWith only three ingredients, this is an excellent recipe to make with your younger kids. All you need is Rice Chex™ cereal, vanilla chocolate chips and some candy canes. Let your kids burn off some energy with a tasty activity they’ll love!Get Recipe
Gluten Free Chex™ Muddy Buddies™This classic (which you might already know as Puppy Chow) has been a crowd-pleaser for many years and there’s no better time to enjoy it than over the holidays. It takes just 15 minutes to turn our tasty Chex™ cereal into a special snack.Get Recipe
How to Plan a Kids' Christmas Party
This time of year is known as the party season for a reason and if you’re the one hosting, be sure to make it memorable. Planning a few games is a good choice, as it helps keep the excitement up amongst all your little guests! Pin the nose on the reindeer, a scavenger hunt, Santa says (a variant of Simon says) – there are plenty to choose from. With so many exciting activities, you’ll also want Christmas party snacks that are nice and easy to make, like our Chex™ Party Mixes. Along with the fun, be sure to set up a playlist packed with lively, festive tunes to dance along to. And don’t forget to set up a room for relaxation, with low lighting, cushions and books – perfect for helping excited children cool down after so much excitement.