Stars and Stripes Chex™ Party Mix
This patriotic snack mix is sprinkled with red, white and blue and perfect for serving at a Memorial Day or 4th of July party.
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Blueberry Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (from 10.5 oz bag)
- 1 cup pretzel sticks (about 50 from 15 oz bag)
- 1 package (11 oz) white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons red, white and blue nonpareils or jimmies
- 3 tablespoons red and blue star sprinkles
- 3 cups popcorn
- 1 cup red, white and blue colored candy-coated chocolate candies
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper. In large bowl, combine cereal, marshmallows and pretzel sticks.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chips uncovered on 50% power for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Pour onto cereal mixture and mix well.
- Spread onto prepared cookie sheet in single layer, sprinkle with sprinkles and cool completely. Break into bite-size clusters.
- In large serving bowl, add coated cereal mixture. Stir in popcorn and chocolate candies, mixing to combine.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ will work in this mix. Sprinkles are sold in the baking aisle or a specialty crafts store.