- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave corn syrup and sugar uncovered on High 2 minutes to 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture just begins to boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of the peanut butter and the salt; mix until blended.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Press mixture firmly into pan, making sure top is even.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and the butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir until mixture is smooth. Spread over bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- The secret for cutting bars easily is to line the pan with heavy-duty or nonstick foil. After the chocolate is set, use foil to lift bars out of pan, then cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredients sources can change.
1 Bar Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2