Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Chex™ Mix
Secret’s out! Combine butter and sugar with Chex™ cereal; microwave, and you have a yummy made-in-minutes party mix.
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- Serving Size: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add granulated sugar and water; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until it can be stirred smooth. Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle white chocolate over snack mix; sprinkle with edible glitter. Cool until white chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Techniques: For an easy and even way to apply the powdered sugar, pour sugar into large resealable freezer bag. After removing cooked snack mix from microwave, let stand in bowl 1 to 2 minutes to cool, then pour into bag and shake!
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.