Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Chex™ Mix
Mint lover? You’re only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes away from a make-your-own minty snack!
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint flavored dark chocolate pieces
- Serving Size: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 1 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave mint chips uncovered on Medium (50%) about 1 minute, stir. Microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, until chocolate is mostly melted and can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal, evenly coating pieces.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on waxed paper; cool 5 minutes. Stir in candies. Store tightly covered.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.