Football Chex™ Cereal Treat Bars
A twist on popular crispy rice cereal bars is a perfect sweet option for your game day parties.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- white icing for decoration
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly into baking dish. Cool 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Pour over cooled cereal treats. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is solid.
- Cut into bars, 6 rows by 2 rows. Add decorative football stripes with white icing for a festive game day look.
- Healthy: Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Techniques: If mixture is difficult to press into pan, slightly dampen fingers with water.