Football Chex™ Cereal Treat Bars
A twist on popular crispy rice cereal bars is a perfect sweet option for your game day parties.
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- white decorating icing
- 1 Bar Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80);
- Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g);
- Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 105mg;
- Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g);
- Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cereal; stir until cereal is well coated. Using spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly and firmly into pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 60 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 30-second increments until chips can be stirred smooth. Spread over bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or just until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars, 8 rows by 3 rows. Pipe decorating icing on top of each bar to look like football laces. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- If the chocolate topping sets up too hard before cutting, let the bars stand at room temperature 15 minutes; then cut into bars.
- Looking for white decorating icing? Betty Crocker™ white decorating icing is available in a 4.25-oz tube, or you can use Betty Crocker™ white cookie icing, available in a 7-oz pouch. These can be found in the baking aisle at your grocery store.