Blueberry-Lemon Muddy Buddies™
Surprise your guests with a fresh twist on our classic recipe. Blueberry-Lemon Muddy Buddies™ is made with NEW Gluten-Free Blueberry Chex and is the perfect sweet treat for any summer get together.
- 1 box Chex™ blueberry flavored cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (Omit for crispier Muddy Buddies™)
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powered sugar
- In large bowl, place cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, butter, lemon peel and lemon juice uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour lemon mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread evenly on parchment paper or waxed paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- Cooking gluten free? Always read the labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- To make ahead or for crispier Muddy Buddies™ omit butter.