Bacon Honey Barbeque Chex™ Party Mix
Calling all bacon and barbecue lovers—this snack mix is for you! Chex™ cereal, pretzels, honey-roasted peanuts and bacon tossed with a sweet and smoky seasoning that will be a crowd pleaser at any backyard BBQ or picnic.
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups pretzel snaps
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped crisp cooked bacon (6 slices)
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels, and peanuts.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in barbecue seasoning until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in bacon. Store covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, take out only as much snack mix as you can eat within 2 hours. Bacon needs to be kept refrigerated.
- To make this snack mix come together even faster, use precooked bacon. Heat slices as directed on package, chop and stir into snack mix.
- In place of honey-roasted peanuts, you can use the same amount of barbecue-flavored almonds for more barbecue flavor.