Recipe by Alice Choi at Hip Foodie Mom
Start a new holiday tradition with this bold recipe, including the flavors of soy sauce, hoisin, sesame sticks, and ginger.
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans and brazil nuts)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
Preheat oven to 250°F. Using a very large mixing bowl, combine and mix together the Corn and Rice Chex cereal, mini pretzels, sesame sticks and mixed nuts. Set aside.
Using a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the butter, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and ground ginger until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle all over the dry Chex cereal mixture in your large bowl and toss well to coat.
Pour the mixture evenly onto 2 large (18 x13) rimmed baking sheet pans and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, for about 15 minutes and then store in airtight containers or zip-top bags.