Queso Taco Chex™ Party Mix
The cheesy taco flavor you love in an easy-to-make snack mix—perfect to serve for summer outings and picnics.
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 4 cups cheese popcorn
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix cereals and crackers.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in taco seasoning mix until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in popcorn. Store covered at room temperature.
- Try Old El Paso™ hot and spicy taco seasoning mix for extra spice in the snack mix.
- You can use 8 cups Corn Chex™ cereal or 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal instead of a combination of the two.