Mini Cinnamon Roll Chex™ Party Mix
This deliciously sweet Cinnamon Chex™ snack mix will grab your attention with the addition of fun, miniature cinnamon rolls made using pie crust, cinnamon and sugar.
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter + 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips (from 11-oz bag)
- 6 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 190mg; Potassium 30mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. On lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust; fold in half. Roll into 13x9-inch rectangle. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Starting at long edge, tightly roll into log, securely pressing seam together and pinching ends to seal. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Trim ends of dough log to a 12-inch log. Cut dough log into 40 slices or “cinnamon rolls.” Arrange rolls on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown; remove parchment and cinnamon rolls from pan, and cool slightly.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Transfer to small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Drizzle on top of cooled rolls, and refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until drizzle is set.
- Meanwhile, line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/4 cup butter uncovered on High 20 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar; microwave about 30 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Pour butter mixture over cereal, mixing to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Spread mixture on cookie sheet; cool 15 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal and cinnamon rolls.
- Save time by making the pie crust cinnamon rolls a day ahead.
- Store snack mix in covered container at room temperature up to 5 days.