Gluten-Free Honey Nut-Vanilla Parfait
Start your day right with this easy and flavorful honey nut and vanilla parfait.
- 1 container (5.3 oz) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon dried cranberries
- Serving Size: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 1 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Place half of the yogurt (about 1/3 cup) in bottom of 8-oz glass or small canning jar. Mix cereal and peanuts. Sprinkle half of cereal mixture over yogurt in glass.
- Mix apricots and cranberries. Sprinkle half of fruit mixture over cereal mixture in glass.
- Top with remaining yogurt, cereal mixture and fruit mixture.
- Presentation/Garnish: For extra indulgence, drizzle parfait with honey.
- Variation: Use fresh fruit, such as blueberries or raspberries, in place of dried fruit, if desired.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.