Gluten-Free Christmas Sugar Cookie Chex™ Party Mix
Sugar cookies are everywhere at Christmas, so why not make this holiday cookie-inspired snack mix? Rice Chex™ cereal is coated in a sweetened, buttery vanilla mixture, dusted in powdered sugar and finished with a drizzle and holiday-colored sprinkles, resulting in a snack mix that your taste buds will crave.
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free holiday-colored nonpareils or sprinkles
- 1 Serving: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 190mg; Potassium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 2
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in granulated sugar; microwave uncovered on High 30 to 40 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Add powdered sugar to bowl, mixing well to coat cereal. Spread mixture on cookie sheet.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after a minute, until melted and smooth. Transfer to small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Drizzle over snack mix; immediately top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or until drizzle is set. Carefully break into bite-size pieces; transfer to large serving bowl.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- It’s ok if some cereal pieces clump together as a result of the drizzle.
- Store in covered container at room temperature up to 5 days.