Gluten-Free Chex™ Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Create a favorite children’s fast food snack in your own kitchen in minutes with Chex™ cereal!
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1×1-inch pieces
- Serving Size: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 5g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Crush cereal. (To easily crush cereal, place in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper, and crush with rolling pin.)
- In medium bowl, stir together crushed cereal, cheese, salt, seasoned salt, paprika and garlic powder. In small bowl, stir together melted butter and milk. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then roll in cereal mixture to coat evenly. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes; turn nuggets over. Bake about 8 minutes longer or until coating is light golden brown and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Techniques: Coating the chunks is a snap when you work quickly with one fork in each hand. Drop the chunks in the butter; turn to coat, then lift into crumbs with one fork. Use the other hand (and fork) to turn and coat in the crumbs – voila, neatly coated chicken chunks!
- Serving Suggestions/Menu: Serve these crispy nuggets with purchased dipping sauces—barbecue, honey-mustard or sweet-and-sour—just like your favorite drive-thru!