Recipes By Melissa King from Treats With a Twist
Whether you’re planning your first holiday gathering or you’re a seasoned host, throwing a successful bash relies on creativity and a solid plan. Here are some simple tips and recipes to help make your event the highlight of the holiday season.
Tips For Your Holiday Party
- Show your style. Are you going for traditional holiday decor, cocktail chic or colorful and kid-friendly? Choose a color palette and pattern and repeat them throughout your party elements. If you select something simple like triangles, use triangles in your decorative garlands, invites, table settings and more.
- Display your DIY décor. Make an Edible Advent Calendar to help your holiday countdown. Fill cellophane bags or glass jars with easy-to-make, edible treats like Chocolate Pecan Pie Chex™ Mix. Add numbers to each one. Every day you get a sweet reminder of the holiday to come.
- 3 cups Corn™ Chex
- 3 cups Rice™ Chex
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs. molasses
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the Corn Chex, Rice Chex and pecans. Set aside
- In a small microwave safe dish, combine the butter, molasses and brown sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted. Stir. Add the vanilla, sea salt, and cloves and stir together.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and use a large spatula to carefully stir it all together until all of the cereal is coated.
- Microwave the mix for 6 minutes, stopping it to stir every minute.
- When it’s done cooking, sprinkle the chocolate chips into the warm Chex Mix and give it two quick stirs (you don’t want to completely stir the chocolate around, just disperse it so it will melt and create clusters within the Chex Mix).
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 20 minutes to set the chocolate completely.
Total Time: 30 min